Saturday, September 27, 2014

Louise Ellis jewelry on display starting October 1st!

Gallery Artist, Louise Ellis
Louise Ellis will have her jewelry in on display October 1st through the end of November. Her work includes fine metals, gems, and in many cases, bridal buttons and braided horse hair. Take a look at her collection of work on our website and come by to see them in person at our Opening Reception on October 2nd at 5:30 pm!

Gallery Flux Featured in the RTD
"The first pair of earrings were miniature mobiles. They were heavy, pretty ugly and did not move well. I grew up thinking Alexander Calder was a god. Metal as a material and the work of Calder were my early influences. The work moved and was cold joined. My work took another direction as my interests in new techniques and/or materials developed. Gems became a part of my work as a need to explore the dimension of a secondary material. The antique button work is a result of my interest in the buttons and their history. The braided horsehair work is a result of my interest in the art of braided horsehair. " -Louise Ellis


Check out the article about the upcoming show in the Weekend Section of the Richmond Times Dispatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment