Friday, June 30, 2017

Artist Spotlight: Amy Harris




"Each mark creates a need for the next mark until the whole work is fully composed into something mysterious even to myself, whose hand was present throughout the creation. I do not intend to form any distinct imagery. The mind, however, flows from experiences of the past, and often imagery and emotion are inevitable when viewing non-representational art. Everyone is affected by personal history, giving each viewer a unique perspective. I’m fascinated by the variety of responses evoked by one piece and how there is no perfect understanding. Imperfection is beautiful to me, and I embrace it in my own work as evidence of humanness. I stay true to the process of creating by not “cleaning up” the final form. It is important to me that I am honest with each step of the work’s development and do not place more emphasis on the most visible outer layer. The edges that seem unfinished are as much a part of the piece as the central composition because of the history they hold."    


-Amy Harris 




Amy  Harris - SM
SM | Mixed Media
54 x 41 inches | $1500 
Amy  Harris - Echo
Echo | Oil on Synthetic Paper
36 x 36 inches | $1800

Amy  Harris - In-supreme Blue Square
In-supreme Blue Square | Oil on Synthetic Paper
8 x 8 inches | $400




Amazed by Amy's work? Check her out on Galleryflux.com










No comments:

Post a Comment