Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Today's Featured Artist is Kim Hall!

Today's Featured Artist is Kim Hall!

Kim Hall has been living in Richmond for the past sixteen years. She earned her BFA from George Mason University and then continued to study Painting and Sculpture at The Corcoran School of Art. In addition, she continues her education through workshops and competitions. Recently, Hall has participated in a number of competitive Plein Air Painting festivals. She explains, "These festivals can be incredible challenging, but I always come out of them feeling like I'm a better painter than when I started". Kim has been painting Plein Air for ten years and continues to devote herself to learning and improving her skills.

Kim has four paintings in our "Undiscovered." Show. She paints them all en plein air. Her goal is to capture the light in the subject/landscape in order to portray the change of mood in a scene. Kim finds the best way to capture the light and mood is through painting on site. "I always try to capture the light and changing mood of scene. Sometimes, I take these studies back to my studio and do a larger more finished painting, but it is always difficult to recapture the same freshness and mood", says Kim.

Kim's work, as seen in "The Red Maple", is inspirited by a small town atmosphere.

"I finally feel like I am doing what I was put on this earth to do. It feel great", says Kim Hall.

Visit Gallery Flux today to see Kim Hall's work in our "Undiscovered." Show! We're open until 5pm!



"Memorial Day Sail"
Oil on Panel
8 x 16 inches
$500 

No comments:

Post a Comment