Friday, June 30, 2017

Artist Spotlight: Lisa Neher





"When I began to paint, after not having touched a piece of artwork for years, I came to art with little formal training, and 30 years of making my way through the world. When Professor Steve Cushner, at the Corcoran School of Art, asked his class “What do you want to accomplish when you paint?” my answer was that I wanted to incorporate systems theory into my paintings - linking my subjects with their before's and after's, as dynamic rather than static. Of course, I had no idea how to do this. For years, I painted, learning my materials and capabilities. One day, a studio guest asked me how I produced my work. While explaining that I often painted over old paintings that didn’t satisfy me, I realized that each previous painting had left parts of itself to participate in the newer painting. The new painting became an unexpected and unpredictable image incorporating elements of everything that came before."
- Lisa Neher 

Lisa  Neher - Irises
Irises Acrylic on Canvas   
48 x 36 inches | $3100

Lisa  Neher - Farmhouse
Farmhouse | Acrylic on Canvas
36 x 38 inches | $3100

Lisa  Neher - Afternoon Light on the Palms
Afternoon Light on the Palms | Acrylic on Canvas
36 x 38 inches | $3100




Liking Lisa's work? Browse on galleryflux.com for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment